Omega Eta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated embraces and supports our beloved sorority’s focus on academic excellence. As a commitment to this ideal , the chapter is supporting worthy students attending Coppin State University.
We support and sustain the enrollment of underprivileged students in seeking a degree in higher education programs at an HBCU. With expenses associated with higher education continuing to increase, many students who are enrolled and are successfully meeting the academic requirements of their college/university program, struggle to meet the associated financial cost. The OEO scholarship aims to ease the financial burden that many students face when achieving a college/university degree.
The arts scholarships will be awarded each year. Different students will be selected each year. Applications will be distributed by Coppin State University – Division of Institutional Advancement.
We request return of applications by July 1st via email at: email@example.com
The Omega Eta Omega Scholarship for Rising Stars in the Visual Arts Award
$1,200 (One Thousand and Two Hundred Dollars) award to an upper class student currently enrolled at Coppin State University, who is pursuing a degree in a Visual Arts program. The visual arts are art forms that create works that are primarily visual in nature, such as ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, film making, graphic design, and architecture are examples .
The Omega Eta Omega Scholarship for Rising Stars in the Performing Arts Award
$1,200 (One Thousand and Two Hundred Dollars) award to an upper class student currently enrolled at Coppin State University, who is pursuing a degree in a Performing Arts program. The performing arts is a collective term for arts performed in front of an audience. They primarily focus on dance, drama, music, theater and musical theater, spoken word, are examples. This means there's often overlap with the film and media industries.
• Currently enrolled at Coppin State University.
• An emerging artist who is currently enrolled in a degree granting program in a Visual or Performing Arts discipline.
• Media submission (performance or portfolio) requirement for selected artistic discipline or category.
• Successful completion of at least three or four semesters of collegiate program (GPA 3.0 or greater).
• Two letters of recommendation.
• Submit a completed application, essay and current collegiate transcript by the due date.
Coppin State University Development Foundation, Incorporated.
• Applications to be distributed by Coppin State University Development Foundation, Incorporated.
• Students to be selected during the fall of the year.
• Request return of applications by July 1st via firstname.lastname@example.org
• Verification of current enrollment by University.
• Verification of current GPA by University.
Omega Eta Omega Responsibilities:
• Committee Review applications received.
• Review will use a scoring system (100 points):
o Complete application package – 25 points
o GPA – 25 points
o Essay – 25 points
o Media Submission – 25 points
• Award Scholarship – Fall
• Omega Eta Omega chapter check to be made payable to Coppin State University Development Foundation, Incorporated.
• Press Release to be prepared by AKA- Omega Eta Omega Chapter.
• Application Form
• College transcript
• Essay – A written statement (1-2 pages, double spaced) that includes the following: Describe your point of view as an artist and what motivates you to create. Please describe or comment on your audition or portfolio selection(s).
• Media submission. (See Submission Instructions per discipline/category).
• 2 Letters of Recommendation (1 = Academic and 1= Art Community)
Download the complete eligibility packet and application here.